CAPITOL THEATER AT OVERTURE CENTER FOR THE ARTS
CBBLD provided historically accurate lighting design for the restoration and transformation of a 1928 silent movie palace into a theatrical space. The new lighting provides appropriate illumination levels for audience comfort, and reveals important architectural features and decoration.
The lighting designer’s scope included the reuse, redesign and/or reproduction of many classic fixtures used in the era of the old movie house. The designers repositioned these original fixtures, and supplemented them with both theatrical equipment and discreet, energy efficient architectural lighting.